THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 3, 2008

Remembering

Well today it has been 8 Years since I had a life changing accident. Most of you who know me know this story but there are a few who may not. 8 Years ago I was a bus driver and was doing my regular run. I was making my regular stop on Highway 27 and I had 9 kids on the bus. The age of the kids was kindergarten to middle school. I had turned on my lights and started my stop when I pulled the stop arm and start to let the 2 kids that lived at the stop a kindergarter and a middleschooler. I had started to open the doors when I trucker blow past my stop arm and I did not finish opening the door but the kindergarter had aready slipped down in to the door at the time the trucker blow my stop arm I had one of my student's start yelling Miss Haney A truck is on the other side. It was only a split second and the second truck passed me on my door side. So in that split second she was in my door and the truck was passing me on my doorside and she was sucked out. I watched her get sucked out and land in front of my bus. After that I quickly call for help. I dont remember alot after that. I know they told me I was in shock for days after. I still have no memory I just remember what people tell me. I still have a hard time dealing but every year it gets a little easier. But I will never forget her Brittney Ann Moore will always be a part of my life. I will never forget her she was only 6 and to young to be in heaven but I know she is in a better place. Sorry this is so sad but this is the day I will always remember.

0 comments: